There is nothing more satisfying than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day. I work from home, so often have soup for lunch, especially when I’m sick of eating salads. This is a great recipe to make early in the week for lunches all week long. I like starting with my Easy Chicken Broth recipe for this soup, but you can also use organic chicken broth or veggie broth and it’ll still be delicious.
Low-carb Vegetable Pesto Soup
- 1 tablespoons Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed oil, or other grape seed oil.
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 1 turnip, chopped into small cubes
- 1 bunch baby broccoli, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups Easy Chicken Broth (follow link for recipe), vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto (check the ingredients of your pesto if you are worried about hidden gluten. I haven’t found one yet that is certified gluten free, but Wildtree just came out with their pesto and I can’t wait to try it!)
Heat the oil in a pot on the stove over medium heat. For soup, I really like my dark green Le Creuset cookware. Add the zucchini, turnip, and red pepper and saute for a few minutes. Add the garlic, baby broccoli, salt, and pepper, then pour in the broth. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the pesto and heat through before serving.
FYI! This is officially Phase 1 of Ideal Protein compliant if you leave out the pesto.