No recipe today. This is a list of Wildtree spices that I don’t think I could live without. I was introduced to Wildtree last September when a friend invited me to a Wildtree tasting at her house. I had no idea what Wildtree was, but it sounded fun and we’d just moved here in July, so why not? Who knew that this was an event that would fundamentally change the way I cook.
Fast forward to now and I’m a rep for Wildtree (I’m in it for the discount) and cook with the spices and oils almost daily. I just hosted my first freezer-meal workshop. If you’re wondering what the heck a freezer-meal workshop is, it’s basically like Let’s Dish or Super Suppers but in someone’s home. The beauty of doing the protein shopping and prep yourself is that you completely control the quality of the ingredients yourself. So, a few weeks ago, ten women came to my house and assembled freezer meals. Each meal feeds about four people, but we’ve found for our family of three that we get leftovers out of some meals that are enough for all of us. The workshop took about 90 minutes (actually, a little longer because there was lots of conversation and wine) and everyone went home with 10 freezer meals for their families. One person split the meals and so took home 20 meals for two people. We did Comfort Foods, but there are tons to choose from.
So, here is my Wildtree Top Ten list. You’ll see that my blog recipes often rely on these ingredients. I always provide a substitution that’s a non-Wildtree item, so don’t feel compelled to order these. I’m just letting you know about these so that you can explore if you want.
Top ten list:
- Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub. Also available in large size. One of my absolute favorite all-around seasonings. I keep running out.
- Garlic Galore Seasoning. Awesome. No other word for it.
- Smoked Mozzarella & Tomato Blend. Mix this with sour cream as a dip. I can’t leave it alone and often lick the bowl when I make this.
- Kids Cheez. I’m only linking to the large size b/c you’d hate me if you ordered the small size and ran out.
- Fajita Seasoning. So much better than any other taco/fajita seasoning out there. No fillers at all and no corn flour!
- Chipotle Lime Rub. There really isn’t a good equivalent to this available elsewhere. The combination of lime, chipotle, and other spices is simply divine.
- Lemon Rosemary Blend. Makes about the best roasted chicken on the planet.
- Natural Grapeseed Oil. Also available in some kits… This is good starter kit for the oils.
- Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil. I use this everyday on my salad at lunch.
- European Dipping Oil, Garlic. Seriously addictive. I pour this on sauteed or steamed vegetables.
I don’t try to sell people on these spices because once you try them, they sell themselves. To your good health, I say.